Frequently Asked Questions For Home Sellers
What should I do to get my home ready to go on the market?
There are usually some simple improvements that can help you get the most for your home and sell it quickly. Our sales professionals can help you focus your effort on the things that will make a real difference to buyers
What should the asking price be for my home?
Setting the right price before you list is the single most important task we must do to assure that your home will sell for the highest possible price in the shortest amount of time. Our thorough Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) gives you the facts and insight to set the right price.
What should I look for when selecting an agent to work with me?
You will want someone with specialized knowledge and experience in the area. To advise you on the many decisions that must be made throughout the selling process, choose an agent with whom you have a good rapport.
What is it about Bill Griffin Real Estate that will help get my home sold faster and for the highest possible price?
We specialize in upscale Dallas areas, and have for more than 30 years. In addition to solid marketing and advertising programs, we have many contacts here. Our website, with emphasis on easily searching all of MLS in these areas, attracts extra buyers who will see your home featured. BGRE is also a pioneer in the use of social media in real estate.
Can you help us find a new home once you get our home sold?
Yes. Our aim is to provide you services as your buying and selling agent. We can better take care of you by coordinating both the selling of your current property and locating the best possible property for you to move to.
BGRE home seller tips
We can recommend home staging experts if you want professional help. Meanwhile here’s a guide:
- Remove clutter and clear off counters, and put extra furniture in storage.
- Invite sunshine by washing windows and screens.
- Keep everything extra clean so your home looks well cared for.
- Get rid of smells by cleaning carpet and drapes.
- Brighten your rooms with higher wattage light bulbs.
- Don’t disregard minor repairs such as sticky doors, dripping faucets and cracked caulking.
- Do not underestimate the importance of drive-up appeal with your landscaping in tip-top shape.
- Invest in paint, using soothing colors.
- Add a touch of color in the living room with a colorful afghan and throw pillows.
- Put flowering plants near windows you pass by frequently.
- Make centerpieces for your tables with flowers or fruit.
- Set the table with fancy dishes and candles, and create vignettes throughout the home to help buyers picture living there.
- Play soft relaxing music.
- Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let in more light and show off your view.
- Accentuate the fireplace. Lay fresh logs in the fireplace or put a basket of flowers there if it’s not in use.
- Create a comfortable atmosphere in the kitchen, and make cabinets look good inside.
- Make the bathrooms feel luxurious.
- Send your pets to a neighbour or take them outside.
- Lock up valuables, jewelry and money.
- Leave the home as it is usually best if the sellers are not at home.
Posts for the seller